• Subiect: „Documentary certified in 950 in Byzantine emperor Constantin Porphirogenet’s works De Administrando Imperio, Sulina is a river-maritime harbor placed on the Black Sea Coast, at the Danube’s Mouth of the Sulina Branch. Created in 1856, through the Paris Peace Treaty following the Crimean War (1854-1856), in order to protect political, economical and military interest of the great Europeans powers at the Danube’s Mouth, the European Commission of the Danube (1856-1948) was installed in Sulina until 1938. Through its technical dredging works at the Mouth of the Danube and the digging of the Sulina Channel, the European Commission of the Danube provided the functionality of the navigation and contributed at the development of Danubian trans- European and maritime commerce. C.E.D. transformed the small village of Sulina into a modern town, inhabited by international office workers, diplomats, merchants, engineers, doctors, ship owners, craftsmen, dockers of all nationalities. The official language of the European Commission of the Danube was French and the main spoken language in Sulina was Greek, followed by Romanian, Russian, Italian, Turkish languages. The city water plant in Sulina was built at the end of 19th century and still exists, maintaining its functionality. This well preserved ensemble it’s a good example of 19th century industrial architecture with historical, architectural and memorial values.”
  • Limba de redactare: română
  • Vezi publicația: Buletinul Comisiunii Monumentelor Istorice
  • Editura: Institutul Naţional al Patrimoniului
  • Loc publicare: Bucureşti
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2010
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: XXI; nr. în TOM: 1-2; anul 2010; Serie Nouă
  • Paginaţia: 118-135
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  9 / 12   >  >|