Contribuţia familiei Rosetti-Solescu la viaţa religioasă a satului Soleşti

  • Subiect: The religious life of Soleşti (this village was attested to the time of Ştefan cel Mare, on march 10 1502) has been in documents since the 17th century, with the designation of some priests. The first Church was signaled in 1668, it was built by peasants where the village used to be, on the east side, where "LIVEZI" village was. In 1809 it had the saint "Mare Mucenic Gheorghe" as its patron and it's still the same nowadays. In 1881 it was rebuilded on its current spot, in the eastern part of the village, on "Coserelor Hill". Between the 18th and 19th century, Soleşti's estate was taken by Rosetti's family, who looked after the church. In 1859-1860, Ecaterina Roseti,Gheorghe Rosetti's wife (Mrs Elena Cuza's wife, the one who united Moldova with Ţara Românească in 1859) built a church named "Adormirea Maicii Domnului" in her mansion, which was donated to the village community in 1893 by her nephew Gh. Rosetti,a plenipotentiary minister. The Church, which was part of Rosetti-Solescu's mansion (19th century), was declared as an historical monument,that illustrates the evolution of Moldovian religious architecture which is based on a mix of tradition (nave plan) and innovation (with some neoclassical elements in the fine art). This church keeps a rich inventory of worship donated by the founders that has artistic value (like silverware, religious books etc.). The parish, according to the donation document, keeps the founders' coffins in the Church cemetery: Gh. Rosetti-Solescu (1796-1848), Ecaterina Rosetti (1800-1869), Gheorghe Rosetti-Solescu (1853-1916) and Olga Rosetti Solescu (1853-1924), his wife.
  • Limba de redactare: română
  • Vezi publicația: Acta Moldaviae Meridionalis: ActaMM
  • Editura: Pim
  • Loc publicare: Iaşi
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2017
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: XXXVIII; anul 2017
  • Paginaţia: 79-107
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  9 / 37   >  >|