• Subiect: The Lordly Court from Târgovişte. Archaeological Researches 2008-2010 Archaeological investigations due to the rehabilitation and restoration project of residential Princely Court from Targoviste, undertaken between 2008-2010 have clarified the evolution and functionality of some component monuments. About the fifteenth century fortification, we have proven that, on its north side, behind the Chindia Tower, it was extending to the edge of the great defensive rhine. The sixteenth and seventeenth centuries fortifications. On the western side, to the „Broad Lane” (nowadays Princely Road) we have clarified the route of the walls that was not completely identified by the previous investigations. On the North side, the fortification wall ordered by Prince Petru Cercel (1583-1585) appeared to be incomplete confirming the reports that the Turks fortified inside the Princely Court in the fall of 1595, raised wooden fortifications. The Great Royal Church did also provide new informations. The nave and altar area presents an additional resistance system of the foundations. Other data obtained give us reasons to believe that the construction works were completed after Prince Petru Cercel reign.
  • Limba de redactare: română
  • Secţiunea: Lucrările sesiunii anuale de comunări ştiinţifice „Reşedinţe domneşti”, Piteşti, 28-29 octombrie 2010
  • Vezi publicația: Argesis - Studii şi Comunicări
  • Editura: Ordessos
  • Loc publicare: Piteşti
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2010
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: XIX; anul 2010; seria Istorie
  • Paginaţia: 109-131
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  10 / 30   >  >|