• Subiect: Archaeological notes on the University Square in Bucharest Urban public works done in the centre of Bucharest allowed recording the archaeological remains of St. Sava Monastery. Built at the end of XVI century, the monastery became the seat of Waivode School and under the reign of Constantine Brâncoveanu (1688 - 1714) gained the rank of Waivode Academy. The base of two churches from the middle of the monastery surrounded by a graveyard, the remains of some buildings in which found a shelter monks, the school, the first public library, the first museum, a typography and many others. The present paper have the purpose to inform the Municipality over the archaeological site ..St. Sava" by the reason of the excavations made on the Queen Elisabeth Boulevard and in University Square.
  • Limba de redactare: română (şi un rezumat în engleză)
  • Secţiunea: Arheologie / Archaeology
  • Vezi publicația: Cercetări arheologice în Bucureşti
  • Editura: Publicat de: Agir
  • Loc publicare: Bucureşti
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2007
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: VII; anul 2007
  • Paginaţia: 195-208
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  11 / 17   >  >|