• Subiect: The geographic area named the Rodnei Valley both in documents and in ordinary language refers to the superior course of the river Someşul Mare and borders the Rodnei Mountains and the Bârgăului Mountains to north-east respectively south-east, including the Ţibles Valley – Ţibleş being one of its tributaries. Although the first references to religious wood architecture on the Rodnei Valley are made in the fifteenth century, when the building of a village was taken into consideration, undoubtedly the main priority was the church; therefore we consider that the other settlements attested during this period had such a construction. In the fifteenth-seventeenth centuries there are only a few documents referring to these edifices, which are mentioned only in the oral tradition. Some of these churches were destroyed during the Tartar invasion in 1717. The middle of the eighteenth century was marked by the movement against the union, whose leader was the monk Sofronie. It was the period when many churches were closed and priests were forbidden to perform the religious services or in certain cases they were banished by the villagers. Because of general Bucow’s intervention wood monasteries were burnt and the stone ones were destroyed. The tolerance act given by the emperor Joseph II in 1781 and the union act in 1782 contributed to the attenuation of the religious riots and created the propitious conditions to build new churches and consequently, starting from the beginning of the nineteenth century wood churches were gradually replaced with more durable ones, made of stone.
  • Limba de redactare: română, engleză
  • Vezi publicația: Revista Bistriţei
  • Editura: Publicat de: Accent
  • Loc publicare: Cluj-Napoca
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2013
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: XXVII; anul 2013
  • Paginaţia: 187-210
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  17 / 25   >  >|