Cea mai veche biserică din lemn atestată în nordul Olteniei: biserica de lemn Sfântul Nicolae din Pietrari-Angheleşti

  • Subiect: The work of disassembly, restoration and relocation of the wooden church from Pietrari -Angheleşti at the Village Museum, Vâlcea revealed incontrovertible evidence of the antiquity of this place of worship, firstly certified in the eighteenth century. The two inscriptions, from the inner beam between the narthex and the nave, unveiled when the extraction of the layer of the fresco was made, show without doubt that the monument has gone through three stages of existence. The first phase dates from the late sixteenth century, the beginning of the seventeenth century, when the church was either a church of monastery or a boyar’s chapel, having a more simple plan, consisting only of nave and altar. The second phase is its relocation in a village near Hurez village, where it was rebuilt by "the priest Vasilie with the villagers, in 1655. The craftsman whose name (the oldest ever attested in northern Oltenia) is mentioned in the inscription, Ognea Ion, adds to the church the polygonal porch. The third phase of the church's existence coincides with a new resettlement in the hamlet Cărpinişu, Pietrari village, in 1737, according to two inscriptions written by two different hands and presented on an outside beam from the southern wall of the nave. The founder from Pietrari is a certain "Ghe(o)rghe, sin popii Vâlcului" as the first inscription says. The second inscription adds that this Ghe(o)rghe is buried right there, near the southern wall of the church. The archaeological research made by Mariana Iosifaru after the relocation of the church at the Village Museum, Vâlcea reveals an ancient tomb of a priest, right in the place indicated by the inscription. The conclusion is that Ghe(o)rghe, the third founder of the church was himself a priest coming from an old priestly family from Pietrari, as some archival documents show, researched when the monograph of the monument was made. The building in Pietrari of the church dedicated to Saint Nicholas takes place during the episcopate of Climent, a native of this village, at a time when the bishop encouraged, by personal example, the erection of churches on the sites of parental estate. Other inscriptions present in the church show the interventions suffered by the church over time, some of them being inappropriate with the nature of the construction material. The plastering of the church takes place between 1845 and 1846 and it is followed by the painting of the two partitions by the local painters. It is still open to the research the enticing hypothesis that in its original form, the wooden church from Pietrari could have belonged to one of the oldest monasteries in the area, about which we known that they were originally made of wood. At present we know with certainty that the Village Museum from Vâlcea, Bujoreni has enriched its heritage with a third wooden church, this time the oldest attested in northern Oltenia.
  • Limba de redactare: română, engleză
  • Secţiunea: Arhitectură şi artă
  • Vezi publicația: Buridava - Studii şi Materiale
  • Editura: Offsetcolor
  • Loc publicare: Râmnicu Vâlcea
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2010
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: VIII; anul 2010
  • Paginaţia: 311-334
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  31 / 45   >  >|