• Subiect: Church of the Annunciation and St. Michael the Archangel, from Urşi village, commune Popeşti, was built on October 16, 1757 or 1784, by Ion Danciu and priest Costandin. Severely affected by the earthquake in January 1838, officer Nicolae Milcoveanu start rebuilding the church in 1843. The repairs in the summer of 2013 required also archaeological research which has resulted in in several findings. The most significant is the coin hoard consisting of 99 coins of silver and copper dating in the second half of the eighteenth century and the first half of the nineteenth century (1755-1848). The hoard was probably buried in the months of October-November 1848, in the turbulent times of the autumn of that year.
  • Limba de redactare: română, engleză
  • Secţiunea: Arheologie
  • Vezi publicația: Buridava - Studii şi Materiale
  • Editura: Offsetcolor
  • Loc publicare: Râmnicu Vâlcea
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2013-2014
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: XI; anul 2013-2014
  • Paginaţia: 84-94
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  8 / 32   >  >|