• TITLU în română: Paristrionul/Paradunavonul/Podunavia între secolele XIII şi XV
  • Subiect: The study presents the steps of the evolution to East of the principality of Wallachia from the middle of the l4th century to the beginning of the l5th century, in the context of the Golden Horde presence on the Lower Danube. After the conquest of Vicina by the Mongolians 200 miles up from the Danube Delta, according to the Italian Compasso da Navigare (second half of the l4th century), the failed plan of the great khan Ozbeq permitted Basarab I (ca. 1316-1351/1352) to join the Catholic Crusade of the Hungarian and Polish kings. The Romanian Reconquista reached Ialomitza river, but here it was stopped by a Hungarian corridor from the south-east Carpathians to the Danube between Ialomitza and Sereth, a master piece of Louis of Anjou's politics, covered by a Catholic bishopric of Milcovia (1347). As a pursuit of the victory in the war against Hungary (1368-1369), a joint force of Wallachia principality and of despot Dobrotitza (1348-1384/85) conquered the territories of the formal bishopric of Milcovia, the domain of Chilia (1369-1 372), and northern Dobroudja. During 1376-1382, especially in the time of the Chioggia war, this situation was contested by the Hungarian-Genoese's alliance, but after king Louis' death (1382), the Wallachian principality under Radu the 1st (around 1374-1384) resumed its conquests, step by step, beginning with the Dristra - Vicina despoteia. Under prince Mircea the Elder (1386-1418), the territories of the Lower Danube from Dristra to the Black Sea were covered by the name of Podunavia, inspired from the Byzantine theme of Paristrion/Paradunavon. New documents from the Cozia monastery archive illustrate the territorial realities from Podunavia in the inner delta of the Danube (Ialomitza and Brăila morass). Even if the Ottoman conquest of the Balkan Peninsula reached the Danube, the principality of Wallachia preserved the taxation of the principal fords and, according to new documents, a monastery of Basaraba and its domain on the Lom river. Only in 1503 the principality was deprived of its possessions on the right bank of the Danube. According to the tradition of the Serbian despots, introduced in Wallachia by a group of Serbian emigres lead by the former despot George Brankovic, the monk Maxim, the word Podunavia from the title of the Romanian princes signified the frontier of Wallachia on the left bank of the Danube.
  • Limba de redactare: franceză, engleză
  • Vezi publicația: Etudes Byzantines et Post-Byzantines
  • Editura: Editura Academiei Române
  • Loc publicare: Bucureşti
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2016
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: VII; anul 2016
  • Paginaţia: 77-97
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  5 / 14   >  >|